Friday, September 18, 2009

Dream, September 18th, 2009

I've had enough reality, so I had to escape into a safe place. As I slept through a tired 15 hour sleep, I have dreamt up my place of solace. It was a mountainous fall terrain, beautiful crisp air all around me. I was with a good friend, hiking through to our camping spot. As we were crossing the bridge, a group appeared. Their leader was dressed in a military uniform, he whispered in my ear as we passed - "hello Peter". I was thrown off, trying to recognize him. He seemed strange. Maybe dangerous. Maybe not. Strange for sure, and unexpected. I strained, but couldn't remember. The group disappeared. So did my friend though. I was alone. At least that's what I thought till I heard rustling and voices under the bridge. I jump down to a cement foundation under and see a couple. They were both friends of mine, having come along with me to this mountainous fall journey. She was a gorgeous, yet slightly aging woman, 35 or so, bare chested, with an older man holding her arms twisted behind, exposing her bare chest to me. They were both smiling intoxicating smiles, eyes of passion and agony, abandonment to the real. "I am going to get sacrificed tonight!" - she boasts to me. "You have the right to have that done to you" - I think to myself - "but I don't know if you're in the right state of mind to do that". I decide to find the strange military man, who recognized me on the bridge, to see if he could offer any clues to solving this mystery.

I dive into the river and swim ashore. Up on a hill, through foliage and trees, I see a big old building. There was some drama in there. I can sense the military presence. Smell of gunpowder smoke. Faint sounds of explosions in the distance and voices. Energies of scrambling and running away. Things were left strewn across the floor, as if someone left in a hurry. The military were about to meet me here again. This was the point of... ...well, could it be that I'm in the wrong place at the wrong time again? "I better get out" - I think, trying to take my message with me. I hear someone upstairs, but that's not it... I have some other purpose here. The house is starting to catch fire. The military were intent on destroying this place, I had to leave quick. I grab two boards and jump out as things creak and crumble behind me, slide down a steep, leaf-strewn trough in the side of the hill straight onto a camel's back.

"Hi mom." I'm in Poland, visiting mom's apartment my brother and I bought her. She is not well. But at least now she has guests over, she knows how to treat her guests, it makes her happier. My brother and I are over with some of our friends and relatives. There's chatter in the rooms, excited clanking of the dishes, laughter. Things quiet down and we depart into our individual quarters. I visit mom in her bedroom, listen to her latest bout of complaints. "They are here again, aren't they?" - she asks me. I pause, before encouraging her to continue. "The evil people, the whispers, the ones trying to kill us?" I collect myself for a moment, and with kindness and tears in my eyes say - "No, mom, you're safe. I don't hear them. I swear. I'm safe too. Mom... please... You should get checked out by a doctor... They might be able to make it stop - and you'll feel safe again... Trust me mom." She's never done this before this moment, but she hesitates... then nods in agreement. "You're right... I'll do it soon, I'm glad I'm safe."

No comments:

Post a Comment